Sibling Foster Care Program Director 0111-1537
Daytona Beach | Florida, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Summary: The Sibling Foster Care Program Director is responsible for supervision of direct services providing engagement to the children and families involved with the Sibling Foster Care program and licensure of foster caregivers. The Director mentors and supports case management and advocacy staff who engage families by providing strength-based and solution-focused services aimed at restoring the family units by increasing parental capacities to an acceptable level of functioning and decreasing safety concerns. The Director also supervises and provides guidance to the Coordinator of Licensing and Adoption, who oversees the licensing of foster caregivers and provides secondary adoption services for children in the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Supervise Case Managers and Family Advocates to ensure that child safety, child well-being and services for families within the Sibling Foster Care Program are being provided.
• Ensures that home visits are completed by staff at least monthly, per contractual requirements.
• Plans and facilitates Family Team Meetings as needed and models facilitating Family Team Meetings with case managers.
• Monitors child safety and family progress in the implementation and execution of the case plan and progress towards permanency goal through monthly supervisory reviews.
• Communicates with direct report staff (as appropriate) on a daily basis as to any changes and/or concerns regarding families.
• Follow all policies and procedures of the program to ensure the protection and safety of children in the care.
• Maintain case records for all families and inputs services provided and assessments into FSFN.
• Supervises Coordinator of Licensing and Adoption in foster caregiver recruitment efforts, ensure licensing and re-licensure requirements are met, and secondary adoption case management services are provided.
• Completes all other duties as assigned.
• Must be willing to work after hours and weekends on call and be willing to deal with emergency situations.
• May act in the absence of the Executive Director.
• Will development programs and tracking tools for programs.
• Will assist in training staff and Foster Care Givers as needed.
• May be called to testify in court.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to work effectively under high stress situations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in social work or related degree in human services field and four years experience in child welfare, case management and/or related area; or a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related degree in human services field, plus six years experience in child welfare, case management, and/or related area. Experience in a temporary or permanency supervisory role is preferred. Experience in substitute care, foster parent recruitment and training is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Efficient time management and scheduling
• Family Team Conferencing Trainer
• Proficient knowledge with all community services
• Proficiency in FSFN (Florida’s Safe Family Network)
• Training in abuse and neglect of children
• Competence in identifying risk and safety
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be credentialed through the Florida Certification Board and PRIDE and/or MAPP trained.
• Valid and current driver’s license for state employed; appropriate insurance and reliable car.
• Must submit to and pass an employment drug test.
• Must submit to and pass random drug tests during employment.
• Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state.
• Must complete a minimum of 40 hours of in-service training annually.
• Advanced computer skills in Windows environment.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including but not limited to: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Visio.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to formulate opinions and recommendations that are applicable over a wide array of programmatic functions.
Cultural Competency: Ability to relate, understand, accept and interact in a culturally sensitive manner.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, listen and occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
572 total views, 14 today