Lead Clinical Engagement Specialist
Daytona Beach | Florida, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Summary: The Lead Clinical Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing clinical services to children and families that have been referred to NTF’s Prevention program. Facilitates needed services with individuals in the areas of psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan for the client(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides direct supervision for Clinical Engagement Specialist, up to and including clinical supervision for licensure
• Makes initial contact with new referrals within one day of intake.
• Interviews family to obtain family history.
• Provide clinical treatment to family’s as a whole, as well as individually, as needed in each home assigned.
• Responsible for making weekly contacts with family members assigned to the caseload in accordance with contract requirements and provide regular therapy sessions in a course of treatment for children and their families.
• Responsible for completing initial assessment for every family within 48 hours of initial visit. Responsible for providing information and recommendations at all staffing’s and Family Team Meetings.
• Selects and utilizes assessment tools to measure each family’s current functioning and records results.
• Monitors child and family member’s progress in the implementation of the clinical service plan.
• Prepares and maintains all therapeutic records and reports on children and family member seen in treatment.
• Plans and administers appropriate therapeutic treatment to assist clients in controlling behavioral disorders and other problems.
• Complete a clinical service plan for each family.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate treatment plans.
• Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
• Develop working relationships with local community providers pertaining to substance abuse, domestic violence and other clinical services.
• Follow all program policies and procedures to ensure the protection and safety of the children in the care of the program.
• Must be available for on-call and after hour work.
• Provides as needed after care services to clients, as appropriate.
• May be called to testify in court.
• Review required clinical documents for all programs from other clinicians.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A commitment to the goals and philosophy of Neighbor To Family.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology, plus a minimum of two years of post Masters clinical experience in child welfare or related human services. Other Master level degrees in the Human Services field may be considered along with appropriate years of child welfare or human services experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: License and/or licensure eligible preferred. LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, or LCPC in the state where employment is sought is preferred. In states where there is more than one level of licensure, the candidate must possess the highest level of licensure. License and/or licensure eligible preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Efficient time management and scheduling.
• Trauma and sexual safety related to childhood abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge of the range of available community resources
• Valid state driver’s license, appropriate insurance and reliable car.
Florida & Georgia: Bodily liability insurance in the amount of : $100,000/claim; $300,000/incident
• Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Must submit to pass random drug tests during employment.
• Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state.
• Must complete 40 hours of training annually.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to formulate opinions and recommendations that are applicable over a wide array of programmatic functions.
CULTURAL COMPETENCY: Ability to relate, understand, accept and interact in a culturally sensitive manner.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and finger to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, listen and stand and walk to interact with the children. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Apply at www.neighbortofamily.org
128 total views, 21 today